Support the SDGs
ACTS is committed to supporting learning institutions to contribute to the implementation of all of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). We recognise that education will play a critical role in delivering the global goals by providing the knowledge, innovations and solutions to address the complex and interconnected societal and environmental challenges that lie behind them.
ACTS is pleased to announce the release of Getting started with the SDGs in universities: A guide for universities, higher education institutions, and the academic sector, which was prepared in collaboration with the Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) Australia/Pacific.
The Guide was launched mid-August 2017 as universities have a crucial and unique role in ensuring the success of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through their teaching, research, operations and leadership. Furthermore, engaging with the SDGs can greatly benefit universities in a range of ways.
This Guide provides practical information on how universities can engage with the SDGs and accelerate their contributions, including:
- The case for university engagement with the SDGs
- How universities can contribute to the SDGs through teaching, research, operations and external leadership
- A step-by-step guide to developing a cross-university framework for SDG implementation.
- Practical guidance and tools to assist the process, including SDG mapping, reporting, stakeholder engagement, and managing interlinkages between the SDGs
- Case studies and examples to inspire action
A global edition of the Guide is being developed in partnership with global SDSN and the broader SDSN network. We hope this Guide will help inspire universities to realise their full potential to contribute to the achievement of the SDG agenda and a better world for all.